بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the name of ALLAH, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
CONSTITUTION OF AL NOUR ISLAMIC CULTURE CENTER
Whereas Sovereignty over the entire universe belongs to Almighty Allah alone, whereas the path to success is the Islam religion alone, whereas the final and perfect guide unto humanity is the Prophet Muhammad (Allah’s peace and blessing be upon him). We as a Muslim community of Fukuoka are conscious of the injunction to “HOLD FAST, ALTOGETHER, TO THE BOND WITH ALLAH AND BE NOT DIVIDED” (Quran, 3:103) and “HELP ONE ANOTHER TO VIRTUE AND GOD-CONSCIOUSNESS AND DO NOT HELP ANOTHER TO SINCE AND TRANSGRESSION” (Quran 5:2) and “ENJOINING WHAT IS RIGHT, FORBIDDING WHAT WRONG, AND BELIEVING IN ALLAH” (Quran, 3:110) hereby adopt this constitution of the Al Nour Islamic culture center and pledge to abide by its provision.
The Name of this organization shall be “Al Nour Islamic Culture Center, Fukuoka Masjid”
The Masjid Committee
The Masjid Committee is the official authority responsible for the co-ordination and management of Fukuoka Masjid, Al Nour Islamic Culture Center. The fundamental objectives of the Masjid Committee are:
- The Masjid committee shall be informed and guided by the Quran and the Sunnah in all its aims, policies and procedures.
- The Masjid committee shall be responsible to follow up the implementation of the Masjid rules.
- The Masjid Committee shall be responsible for posting on the bulletin board of the Masjid.
- It is a body that will be based on the Islamic knowledge of individuals and the strengths of organised bodies to meet the challenges ahead in managing the Masjid.
- It is an independent body working for the pleasure of Allah to promote consultation. Cooperation and coordination on Muslim affairs in Japan.
- It is a body working for the common good without interfering, displacing or isolation any existing Muslim work in the community.
- It is a body that will base its policies and decisions on the commands of Allah and his prophet. It is a formally constituted body with a system of representation and accountability.
- It is a body that will control funds and expenses of the Masjid concerning the requirements of the Masjid and the Muslim community.
- The Masjid committee shall have the supreme authority in all essential matters pertaining to the Masjid.
- Decisions of the Masjid committee shall be made by a two-thirds majority of the members present and voting.
The Masjid Committee shall consist of President, first Vice-President, second Vice-President, Religious adviser, Legal adviser and five members.
The President shall be responsible for:
- The General management of all the activities of the committee.
- Directing and coordinating the activities of the association to achieve its goals.
- Calling and presiding over meetings of the Masjid Committee and the Executive Committee.
- Forming various executive committees with the approval of the Masjid Committee.
- Presenting annual report of the Masjid Committee.
- Establishing an efficient link between the Masjid and sponsors.
The first and second Vice-President shall be responsible for:
- Assisting President in all important events, activities and meetings of the Masjid Committee.
- The first Vice-President shall hold the responsibilities of the Committee in the absence of the President.
- The second Vice-President shall hold the responsibilities of the Committee in the absence of President and/or first Vice-President.
The terms for acceptance of Masjid Committee Membership shall be the following:
- The new membership of the Masjid Committee will be accepted by a two-thirds majority of the Masjid Committee Members voting.
- All individual members of the Executive Committee are entitled to individual membership of the Masjid Committee.
- Islamic Scholars “Ulama” who can make outstanding contributions to the objectives and work of the Masjid may be elected Honorary Members of the Masjid Committee by a two-thirds majority of the Masjid Committee members voting. Honorary Members shall have the rights and privileges of regular members.
- Members of the Masjid Committee shall serve for one Hijri year term, begins and ends with the beginning of the Ramadan month. Members with voting rights may serve for up to three consecutive terms. If a committee member should fail to complete his term, a substitute may be appointed for the remainder of the term.
The Executive Committee
The Executive Committee is the official authority responsible for the executing of Masjid rules and activities. The fundamental objectives of the Executive Committee are:
- Preparing and notifying the agenda for the important events and activities of the Masjid.
- Direct and supervise all religious, cultural, social, and educational activities of the Masjid. Inform all members about the time, place, details of the festivals and social events.
- Preparing circulars, bulletins, and newsletters for the Masjid and presenting the same, before the Masjid Committee for review.
- Presenting the minutes of Executive Committee meetings for approval by the Masjid Committee.
- The Executive Committee shall be responsible for maintaining the suggestion box in the Masjid premises.
- Maintaining the record of all the financial transactions for the Masjid.
The Executive Committee shall consist of six groups; Religious and Activity, Education, Finance, Publication, Cleaning and Sisters. Each group consists of Leader and Members.
The Religious and Activity Group shall be responsible for:
- Controlling the implementation of the rules and activities inside the Masjid.
- Managing the Friday Khutbah and religious teaching inside the Masjid.
- Managing the Masjid Library.
- Arranging activities for strengthening the brotherhood of Muslim community in Fukuoka and Japan.
- Arranging Islamic and cultural activities for introducing Islam to Non-Muslims in Japan.
The Education Group shall be responsible for:
- Maintaining the Arabic and Islamic weekly classes for Muslim children.
- Managing the Syllabus and proper teaching materials.
- Managing the weekend Islamic school.
The Finance Group shall be responsible for:
- Managing all funds and receipts in an accurate manner as designated by the Masjid Committee.
- The Finance Group shall be responsible for systematic bookkeeping, writing disbursements, receipts, and bank records.
- The Finance Group shall be responsible for the necessary purchases of the Masjid.
- Collecting and depositing all the funds received on behalf of the Masjid.
- Presenting a financial report to the Masjid Committee every three months.
The Publication Group shall be responsible for:
- Maintaining and updating the official Masjid website.
- Creating official mailing lists for the Masjid groups. Creating general mailing lists for all Muslims in Fukuoka.
- Preparing and publishing an official brochures of the Masjid and general brochures of the Islam (multi languages).
- Publishing newsletters that covering the Masjid events and activities.
- The Publication Group shall be the official spokesman for the Masjid
The Cleaning Group shall be responsible for:
- Cleaning the Masjid and its premises.
- Managing the parking of cars and bicycles inside and outside the Masjid.
The Sisters Group shall be responsible for:
- Acting as liaison between the Masjid Committee and female members of the Masjid.
- Looking after the specific needs of ladies and children on various occasions such as convention, social gathering etc.
- Women members will NOT have the right to vote in the Masjid affairs.
The Group Leaders shall be responsible for:
- Calling and presiding over meetings of his group.
- Presenting a regular report to the Masjid Committee.
- The group leader has the right to add or substitute any member of the group.
- The group leader shall be coordinator between his group and the Masjid Committee.
The Fukuoka Masjid shall maintain the following accounts:
- Monthly Expense Account, This is a bank account for current expenditures. This account is supplied with funds from local monthly donations. The Finance Group is authorized for disbursement from this account.
- Reserve Account, All incoming funds/donations for Al Nour Islamic Culture Center shall be deposited in this account. Any withdrawals from this account shall be for deposit into the Expense Account. The Masjid Committee is authorized for disbursement from this account, consistent with the Muslim Community in Fukuoka.
- Authorizing of Expenditures: Funds cannot be released for more than 100,000 Japanese Yen on a single expense without the approval of Masjid Committee.
- Authorizing of Expenditures: Funds cannot be released for more than 1000,000 Japanese Yen on a single expense without the approval of Muslim Community via countries representatives.
- The Executive Committee shall prepare an annual financial plan for the basic Masjid expenses.
- The Masjid Committee may accept contribution from any source, consistent with the purpose of the Masjid and with the principles of Islam, Quran and Sunnah.
The Rules of Fukuoka Masid
- Masjid Fukuoka shall adhere to the Glorious Quraan and the sunnah of prophet Mohammed (Peace be upon him). It shall accommodate the creed of Ahl Assunna wa Aljamaa from theQuran and the right sunnah.
- The assigned Muazzin shall call the Azan approximately 15 minutes before prayer timeexcept in case of Maghrib and Jumaa prayer. Prayers shall be held on posted Jamaa times. There shall be only one Jamaa for each prayer.
- All attendees at the Masjid, males and females, shall follow Islamic dress code. No music reveling, or dancing shall be permitted at any time in or on the Masjid premises.
- No announcement or speech shall be made nor any written/printed material posted, distributed, or left within the Masjid and its premises without a prior approval of the Masjid Committee.
- There shall be no yelling or screaming or loud conversations inside the Masjid and on its premises. No member shall defame any other muslims in attendance at the Masjid. All criticisms shall be constructive in nature. Any complaints, suggestions, disputes or disagreements shall be brought to the attention of the Masjid Committee.
- There shall be no meetings, gatherings, lessons, teachings, classes, parties or any other activities without a written prior approval from the Committee of the Masjid. There shall be no overnight stays in the Masjid except during Ramadan for prior approved Etikaaf.
- No vehicles parking/waiting in front of the Masjid at any time, even in free road case. We hope you can appreciate how serious this situation is.
- No standing, waiting or conversation in front of the Masjid at any time, as this will be a nuisance to neighbors and passing people. Furthermore, Islam prohibits such etiquette. We are looking for the full commitment to this rule.
- Masjid and its premises shall be kept clean. All trash shall be disposed off in their proper receptacles. No material donation, such as drink, food, clothing, shoes, furniture, or any personal belongings or items, etc. shall be left or dropped off in or on the premises of the Masjid, without a prior approval of the Masjid Committee.
- Parents shall keep their children with them so as not to create disorder or disrupt other attendees during prayer. All cell-phones, audio players and any other personal electronic devices shall be either in “off”, “silent” or “vibration” mode while in the Masjid.
- No property, books, items or records belonging to Masjid shall be removed from the premises. Quran, islamic books, tapes, CD’s, or DVD’s may be borrowed with an approval of the Masjid Committee, for limited time, and shall be returned in its or their original condition.
- Internal bicycles parking shall be used only during the times when the Masjid is open. No bicycles shall be left on the Masjid premises overnight except of those observing Etikaaf.
- All mails (from/to) related to the Masjid must be at the postal address of the Masjid or at the Masjid official E-mail. Personal correspondence is not permitted.
- The committee of Masjid will be responsible to follow up the implementation of these rules. Your assistance is requested to show the real etiquette of Muslims.
Taken From : Original Version